Friday, November 26, 2010

Friends, Lovers, or Nothing

Please don't treat me like this. The comments you intentionally or unintentionally make brings back all the good memories we've had together and it makes me miss you that much more. I don't want to quote Katy Perry, but every time I hear that song, I think of you. In another life I would make you stay, so I don't have to say you were the one that got away. But you did get away and I thought I moved on. I'll always hold a place in my heart for you, but I sometimes wish things were different, because you were probably the best I've ever had. But I've grown up more and have somebody new now. I guess "forever and always" wasn't meant to be.

Don't overstep the boundaries. You're a good friend, but that's it to me. Some things you say aren't just appropriate for what you know about my current romance situation. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

I can't wait to see you again. I can't wait to get to Chicago once and for all and things can actually start. I'm glad our paths brought us together again. Here's to a new start to something good.

I thought I liked you, and then I realized that it just wouldn't work. I'm sorry if I ever led you on, but I'm glad I have you as a friend. It's great to have someone that I can just talk to for hours on end, no matter what time in the morning. I hope we get to hang out a lot more once I get to Chicago.

-jrd

No comments:

Post a Comment