Friday, December 31, 2010

Auld Lang Syne

On the eve of a brand new year, I've been doing a lot of thinking. I've gone through friends and lovers like an alcoholic goes through bottles. I've won and lost, more the latter, and it's starting to wear me through the bone. But this new year is going to be different. With every changing season, it offers a change for each of us and I am no exception.

I've vowed to love like I've never been hurt. Right now, this seems easier said than done, but I'm going to stick to it s long as I can. I'm going to stop getting angry at the little things he does and keep my mouth shut, because I'm learning more than ever that the words that slip out of my mouth can hurt more than I think. I've got to be patient, now more than ever. I've waited over six months; I can wait a little bit longer.

I'm going to get home. That is one of my biggest resolutions this year. I've been in the wrong city for a good eight or nine years and, now that I've finally found my home, it's just been a waiting game to get there. When I finally break free, I'm going to have a whole new start. I'll be moving to Chicago with few friends, no family, and a new name. It's going to be my one chance to start over and make something of myself. Keep an eye on my name, I'm planning on it being worth something by the end of this year.

I want to be a brand new person this year. Every little step is one step closer to being who I want to be. Live, laugh, and love. Happy 2011, everyone.

-jrd

No comments:

Post a Comment