Wednesday, April 6, 2011

(Un)Open Letter

What happens when you’re supposed to shine a light on someone but don’t know if you can make them believe the rays are actually shining on their face, let alone their heart?

I’m scared I’m going to keep so much regret buried down in my soul if I don’t fix this and you. I want so much to grab you, tell you I love you, and kiss you. Just to make you feel something. Just to make you feel like there’s some hope that you can put the pieces of your heart back together. It’s a long and perilous road, but I want to be there every step of the way.

I can’t lose you as a person, a friend, or someone I love. I’ve lost too many people to lose another. I want to help you find the light, find your passion, find your love. You’ve done so much for me and I can’t even begin to do the same for you. Just let me in.

I’m such a coward and I wish I could tell you this to your face, send this to you in an actual letter, but I’m not that strong. I’m strong enough to try and lift your heavy heart, but not tell you it straight to your soul. I want to tell you so much but I really can’t find the words. I can’t find the words to say, but if I did, I know I would say them to you every single night. Just to keep you going through another night until the sun rises up.

Because nobody is too far gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment