Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Status Quo

I feel like, maybe behind my back and never to my face, a few of my friends think I'm shallow by the people I date or find my heart going to. I've dated a (now former) manager of a band, fell for a bassist in a successful band, and am uncertain relationship-type courtship with a singer of a somewhat known band. I sometimes feel like someone might think that I'm just "dating into the scene" or trying to or whatever. I'm really not. I can't help who I like and it just so happens that all these guys that are music related share the same interests and ambitions I do. I don't date to date into scenes, I date because of heart.

Jan was never someone I really planned on dating. He used to manage a band I'm friends with (they've since fired him) and we had a lot in common and he liked me. I threw caution to the wind and said, "Hey, why not?" He treated me like an absolute princess for the first month or so we were dating. Towards the last few weeks, not so much. I ended up finding out months later from the singer of the band he used to manage that he had not only told them that he was single, but he had also cheated on me twice within a week of seeing me.

I fell for Joey's sweet talk. Along with many other girls. I learned my lesson and am stronger now.

I'm not sure what Josh and I are but I kind of like that. He's definitely flirty with me, which I absolutely love, but he also texts me these pretty important things, things he doesn't tell anyone else. He kissed me in front of other people and I'm staying with him over the weekend in November if everything works out. It's hard though because he lives 3 1/2 hours away and I don't get to see him as much as I'd like to. I'm not sure what this is, but I'm happy with it. Hopefully things get a little more serious when I get to Chicago.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for love.

But I think third time's the charm.

-jrd

No comments:

Post a Comment