Monday, February 8, 2010

Even in the Dark

These past few weeks have been a roller coaster for me. I've fallen head over heels for a boy and I'm hoping for the best.

But this isn't going to be one of those posts.

I am one of the most independent women you'll ever meet. I love being around people, but I don't let people run my life. I don't give 50, 30, or even 10% of myself for anybody else. I have my own dreams, my own goals, my own happiness, and I'm not going to risk any of these taking sideline.

I love my friends and I love other people but, at the end of the day, I'm the one I'm going to sleep with at night. I'm the one whose thoughts are going to be racing through my head. I'm the only person whose opinion will matter. It's not about being selfish, it's about being able to look in the mirror every morning and smile.

I've set my heart on what I want and this little beating thing can't take no for an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment